Urgent Campus Information
Reporters seeking information during emergencies should contact the following:
La Monica Everett-Haynes
New Safety and Wellness Digest
San Diego State University is launching a new, twice-monthly e-newsletter designed to provide students, faculty, staff, parents and families with safety, health and well-being-related news and information. The newsletter will also include information about campus community events and also activities, events and programs designed to provide a safe alternative for students.
Sign up to receive SDSU Alert
- Students: Register through the WebPortal.
- Faculty and Staff: Register through SDSU PeopleSoft.
- Auxilary employees: Register using the online form.
- Parents, Relatives and Community Members: Register through SDSU Alert.
SDSU has established a notification system that is capable of sending text (also known as SMS) and e-mail messages in the event of a campus-wide emergency or health and safety concern. It is not intended to supplant any personal emergency contact information you may have provided to Human Resources.
The university has several social media channels you can follow to stay updated on campus emergencies:
News and Information on Twitter (@SDSU)
News and Information on Facebook (facebook.com/SanDiegoState)
SDSU Police Department traffic, parking and emergency updates on Twitter (@SDSUPD)
SDSU Police Department traffic, parking and emergency updates on Facebook
During emergenices, dial 9-1-1 or use any emergency blue light duress phone located throughout campus. If you are unable to call, text to 9-1-1 is available within San Diego County. Individuals should text if they are:
- Deaf or hard of hearing, non-verbal or have difficulty speaking;
- Experiencing a situation where it is unsafe to call 9-1-1 for help;
- Or in a medical emergency and cannot speak on the phone.
To report a non-emergency, dial 619-594-1991 and select option 1 from the menu to speak with a police dispatcher. If you are unable to call the non-emergency line, you may email [email protected]